Top 10 Tips for a Great Trade Show Exhibit Design
Trade shows are great for brand exposure and access to customers thanks to so many like minded and people of the correct demographic being found under the same roof. However here lies the dilemma – how do you stand out from the competition while building recall and boosting sales? What can customers take away from your booth? In order for your brand to stand out you will need to make the most of your trade show experience by designing your trade show exhibit well in order to build the brand, attract new leads and helping generate sales. Designing the right trade show booth is effective and simple, as long as you invest the right amount of time, money and creative juices. Here are a few design tips that could help your brand stand out at a trade show:
- Ensure the exhibit booth clearly states who you are, what it is you do and the reasons customers buy from you
- Stay true to your brand by creating collaterals for greater recognition and memorability through integration of your exhibit design alongside your other marketing mediums like brochures, email, direct mail and print ads.
- Create a visual impact through using a booth which bright and bold colours, large images which matter to your audiences and simple to read text saying the right message.
- Design your trade show booth in order for it to best fit the marketing goals – use spaces for brand identity graphics, lead stations along with demo areas and meeting sections etc. while various exhibitors find they receive more leads using an open and inviting space, others find they require a larger mass of customers for impact or walls for meeting areas. Maintain focus on your top objectives as you do not have the time or capabilities to meet all of them.
- Select the exhibit that best balances your requirements for marketing impact through a desire to save money on shipping, storage, I&D and drayage.
- Place fewer words on exhibit graphic, but select each word to make it larger. A single and clear statement is more effective than a long list of bullet points which tend to get ignored
- Choose the exhibit design to be around your trade show schedule for the coming years to minimize the expenses for many booth sizes, marketing messages and display locations.
- Provide yourself with enough time to get new exhibits designed, including the time required to receive agreement within your management team on marketing direction.
- Pay attention and focus on the most popular and new products, instead of trying to cram all the products into a limited space.
- Select the technology you might use in the exhibit, in order for your team to design it into the exhibit booth from the beginning
Effective and efficient trade show exhibit design present your brand’s intangible marketing messages into a solid presence which increases visibility for your company, attracts right prospects and hosts customers.